August and the start of Sept - just the O'Mearas

May-July Pics....

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Rory Carter is finally here!

After creating logistical hurdles we have welcomed Rory into our family in the cold rainy/snowy state of Washington. Dad is doing great as I'm sure all are concerned for him.

He measured in at 8lbs 14oz and 20 inches long. Some say that is a nice size baby - we say he was HUGE! I had a popping sensation around 9:15 on the morning of the 27th - we got to the hospital and 3 small contractions later to wait around for someone to make sure I was going into labor.... 3 more contractions (15 min) later I felt the need to push. It was a race to see who would show up first - a doctor or Rory! 7 contractions of natural pushing - and ladies this means not even an IV nor oral pain meds were administered - and Rory came out! Recovery was SO much easier after a natural birth but I still recommend the epidural. Can you tell that I am over the moon with pride that I actually lived thru this experience!?!?! Enjoy......




Here I am trying to spread the news - but still a bit mesmerised that I actually gave birth naturally!



Elliot is already working hard at being a good big sista!


Thank God that Shane was there - it seemed he was the only one with labor and birth experience until Melissa the midwife joined us!


Proud Grandmother and Grandfather....


Here is my famous Dr. McLennan that I HAD to have deliver my baby. Next to her in pink is Melissa the midwife who was there for the catch....




Twas the night before D-Day and all thru the house ...... not a creature was stirring, well we already have Elliot Jane to liven up the place - who knew the next morning Rory would come charging out into the world in a matter of 45 minutes!








Myself and Jenni at 9 months out on a Saturday night. Leila was born Thursday morning!

2 comments:

Big Pappa said...

Em, you are a rock star! You deserve some jewelry for that :). Nice work and we can't wait to meet him and introduce him to Nico (birthday twins)! Love, Mitch n Ash

Mama to a Little Pepperhead said...

You get mom of the year award! You look great in the photos and little Rory is adorable. I can't wait to meet him!